Jump to Main Content
- Bussini, Daniele, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- European food research & technology 2017 v.243 no.8 pp. 1471-1484
- food industry; hydrocarbons; mineral oil; packaging; paper; paper pulp; paperboard; papermaking; pigments; porous media; recycled paper; silica; solvents; sorbents; washing; wheat; wheat flour
- ... The occurrence of mineral oil hydrocarbons (MOH) in cellulose-based packaging is mainly due to the offset printing process where MOH are used as a ink pigments’ solvent. The MOH migration from paper/paperboard to food is matter of concern for EFSA, members state authorities, consumers, and food industry. In this study, the feasibility to stabilize MOH by adding a sorbent into recycled paper obtain ...
- Bussini, Daniele, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Waste management 2016 v.52 pp. 339-345
- coatings; environmental impact; fiber quality; nanoparticles; packaging; packaging materials; paper; paper recycling; paperboard; polylactic acid; tensile strength; zinc oxide
- ... For paper and paperboard packaging, recyclability plays an important role in conserving the resources and reducing the environmental impacts. Therefore, when it comes to the nano-enabled paper packaging material, the recyclability issue should be properly addressed. This study represents our first report on the fate of nanomaterials in paper recycling process. The packaging material of concern is ...