Jump to Main Content
- Bygdell, Joakim, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Algal research 2020 v.46 pp. 101765
- Chlamydomonas reinhardtii; acclimation; air; carbon dioxide; electrospray ionization mass spectrometry; genes; inorganic carbon; liquid chromatography; mitochondria; photosynthetic electron transport; protein synthesis; proteome; starch; transcription factors
- ... Chlamydomonas reinhardtii is a unicellular green alga that can survive at a wide range of inorganic carbon (Ci) concentrations by regulating the activity of a CO₂-concentrating mechanism (CCM) as well as other cellular functions. Under CO₂ limited conditions, C. reinhardtii cells display a wide range of adaptive responses including changes in photosynthetic electron transport, mitochondria localiz ...
- Bygdell, Joakim, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Thenew phytologist 2018 v.217 no.4 pp. 1551-1565
- Arabidopsis thaliana; Populus tremula; RNA interference; autolysis; cysteine proteinases; data collection; gene overexpression; genetically modified organisms; heat shock proteins; hybrids; micrococcal nuclease; programmed cell death; proteolysis; proteomics; trees; xylem vessels
- ... Metacaspases (MCs) are cysteine proteases that are implicated in programmed cell death of plants. AtMC9 (Arabidopsis thaliana Metacaspase9) is a member of the Arabidopsis MC family that controls the rapid autolysis of the xylem vessel elements, but its downstream targets in xylem remain uncharacterized. PttMC13 and PttMC14 were identified as AtMC9 homologs in hybrid aspen (Populus tremula × tremul ...
- Bygdell, Joakim, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Physiologia plantarum 2013 v.149 no.2 pp. 273-285
- Picea abies; germination; karsts; maltose; monitoring; photography; polyethylene glycol; proteomics; raffinose; seed development; somatic embryogenesis; somatic embryos; starch; storage proteins; sucrose
- ... Somatic embryogenesis (SE) represents a useful experimental system for studying the regulatory mechanisms of embryo development. In this study, the effect of carbohydrates and osmoticum on storage reserve accumulation and germination of Norway spruce [Picea abies (L.) Karst] somatic embryos were investigated. Using time lapse photography, we monitored development from proliferation of proembryogen ...