Jump to Main Content
- César, Carolina Elvira, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of bacteriology 2015 v.197 no.1 pp. 138-146
- DNA; Thermus thermophilus; bacteriology; evolution; genome; horizontal gene transfer; hosts; loci
- ... Horizontal gene transfer drives the rapid evolution of bacterial populations. Classical processes that promote the lateral flow of genetic information are conserved throughout the prokaryotic world. However, some species have nonconserved transfer mechanisms that are not well known. This is the case for the ancient extreme thermophile Thermus thermophilus. In this work, we show that T. thermophilu ...
- PubMed Central:
- César, Carolina Elvira, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Applied and environmental microbiology 2011 v.77 no.1 pp. 201-210
- eukaryotic cells; genes; genetic conjugation; humans; mutants; physiological transport; point mutation; transfer DNA
- ... TrwC is a bacterial protein involved in conjugative transfer of plasmid R388. It is transferred together with the DNA strand into the recipient bacterial cell, where it can integrate the conjugatively transferred DNA strand into its target sequence present in the recipient cell. Considering that bacterial conjugation can occur between bacteria and eukaryotic cells, this protein has great biotechno ...