Jump to Main Content
- Calcutt, M. J., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Transboundary and emerging diseases 2018 v.65 Suppl S1 pp. 91-109
- Mycoplasma bovis; animal welfare; anti-infective agents; antibiotic resistance; arthritis; carrier state; cattle; control methods; disease models; emerging diseases; genome; immune response; keratoconjunctivitis; mastitis; otitis media; pneumonia; rearing; signs and symptoms (animals and humans); surface proteins; vaccine development; vaccines; wildlife
- ... There is a worldwide problem of disease caused by Mycoplasma (M.) bovis in cattle; it has a significant detrimental economic and animal welfare impact on cattle rearing. Infection can manifest as a plethora of clinical signs including mastitis, pneumonia, arthritis, keratoconjunctivitis, otitis media and genital disorders that may result in infertility and abortion. Current diagnosis and control i ...
- Calcutt, M. J., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Pasteurella; acid phosphatase; animal pathology; antibodies; bacteria; immunohistochemistry; inflammation; neck; necropsy; phylogeny; rabbits; steers; tissues; Texas
- ... A 3-year-old Texas Longhorn steer had a long history of progressive swelling of the soft tissues of the jaw and neck. At necropsy, multifocal to coalescing dermal and subcutaneous pyogranulomas were surrounded by fibrous tissue. Microscopically, the pyogranulomas contained aggregates of gram-negative coccobacilli surrounded by Splendore-Hoeppli material and were separated by bands of fibrovascular ...