Jump to Main Content
- Calvo-Brenes, Paula, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Subtropical plant science 2020 v.86 pp. 103353
- Zea mays; carotenoids; color; freezing; freezing point; frozen storage; starch; storage temperature; sugars; sweetcorn; total soluble solids
- ... Influence of freezing temperature at –20 °C and −80 °C up to three months, and influence of storage at 4 °C up to fifteen days on carotenoid content and quality parameters in zeaxanthin-biofortified and commercial yellow sweet-corn were evaluated. Cobs frozen and stored at -20 °C showed a decrease in carotenoid concentration, in which carotenoids from the β-branch were mainly affected, compared to ...
- Calvo-Brenes, Paula, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Food chemistry 2019 v.277 pp. 490-495
- biofortification; genotype; lutein; maturity stage; seeds; sweetcorn; zeaxanthin
- ... Influence of kernel position on zeaxanthin, lutein, total carotenoid (TC) and quality parameters was evaluated in a zeaxanthin-biofortified and a commercial yellow sweet-corn. Cobs were harvested at six different maturity stages, and the above variables in kernels from the tip-end, middle and base of the cobs were analysed. Kernels from the tip-end had highest zeaxanthin and TC in the zeaxanthin b ...