Jump to Main Content
- Campana, Eloiza Helena, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2019 v.646 pp. 1290-1292
- Morganella; Proteus; Providencia; Salmonella enterica; coastal water; genes; plasmids; quinolones; Brazil; China; France
- ... QnrD is a plasmid-mediated quinolone resistance (PMQR) determinant first reported in clinical Salmonella enterica isolates from China, located on nonconjugative plasmids of 4270 bp. Since then, the qnrD gene has been mostly found on plasmids around 2683 bp in Proteus and Morganella genera. However, Providencia spp. strains carrying qnrD-harboring plasmids have only been reported among clinical sam ...
- Campana, Eloiza Helena, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- International journal of antimicrobial agents 2015 v.45 no.2 pp. 174-177
- Aeromonas; Gram-negative bacteria; Klebsiella pneumoniae; Kluyvera; anti-infective agents; antibiotic resistance; beaches; beta-lactamase; coastal water; health services; multiple drug resistance; oceans; pollution; quinolones; recreation; rivers; sewage; Brazil; Guyana
- ... The spread of carbapenemase-producing Gram-negative rods is an emerging global problem. Although most infections due to carbapenemase producers are limited to healthcare institutions, reports of the occurrence of clinically relevant carbapenemase producers in sewage and polluted rivers are increasingly frequent. Polluted rivers flowing to oceans may contaminate coastal waters with multidrug-resist ...