Jump to Main Content
- Campbell, Calum S., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Trends in ecology & evolution 2017 v.32 no.10 pp. 746-759
- biodiversity; extinction; phenotype; phenotypic plasticity; wildlife management
- ... Unprecedented rates of species extinction increase the urgency for effective conservation biology management practices. Thus, any improvements in practice are vital and we suggest that conservation can be enhanced through recent advances in evolutionary biology, specifically advances put forward by evolutionary developmental biology (i.e., evo-devo). There are strong overlapping conceptual links b ...
- Campbell, Calum, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Molecular ecology 2016 v.25 no.24 pp. 6012-6023
- Cichlidae; adaptive radiation; alleles; foraging; hybrids; juveniles; loci; phenotype; phenotypic plasticity; quantitative trait loci; rearing; Lake Malawi; Malawi
- ... Phenotypic plasticity allows organisms to change their phenotype in response to shifts in the environment. While a central topic in current discussions of evolutionary potential, a comprehensive understanding of the genetic underpinnings of plasticity is lacking in systems undergoing adaptive diversification. Here, we investigate the genetic basis of phenotypic plasticity in a textbook adaptive ra ...