Jump to Main Content
- Campitelli, Michael A., et al. Show all 19 Authors
- Vaccine 2019 v.37 no.31 pp. 4392-4400
- elderly; health services; influenza; influenza vaccines; laboratory experimentation; odds ratio; patients; vaccination; viruses
- ... Linking data on laboratory specimens collected during clinical practice with health administrative data permits highly powered vaccine effectiveness (VE) studies to be conducted at relatively low cost, but bias from using convenience samples is a concern. We evaluated the validity of using such data for estimating VE.We created the Flu and Other Respiratory Viruses Research (FOREVER) Cohort by lin ...
- Campitelli, Michael A., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Vaccine 2013 v.31 no.29 pp. 2974-2978
- children; influenza; models; vaccination; vaccines; Ontario
- ... This study aimed to determine the effectiveness of seasonal influenza vaccine in pre- and full-term children aged 6–23 months.We examined a cohort of 683,354 young children (7.7% preterm) over five influenza seasons (2004–2005 to 2008–2009) in Ontario, Canada. Vaccine effectiveness was estimated using influenza-coded ambulatory visits during virologically-confirmed influenza season periods as the ...