Jump to Main Content
- Cao, Songxiao, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- BMC plant biology 2019 v.19 no.1 pp. 75
- Cucumis melo; abiotic stress; abscisic acid; bioinformatics; cold; drought; heat; hydrogen peroxide; leaves; lipoxygenase; melons; methyl jasmonate; promoter regions; reporter genes; resistance mechanisms; salicylic acid; stress response; temperature; tobacco; transcription (genetics)
- ... BACKGROUND: Lipoxygenases (LOXs) play significant roles in abiotic stress responses, and identification of LOX gene promoter function can make an important contribution to elucidating resistance mechanisms. Here, we cloned the CmLOX08 promoter of melon (Cucumis melo) and identified the main promoter regions regulating transcription in response to signalling molecules and abiotic stresses. RESULTS: ...
- Cao, Songxiao, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Scientia horticulturae 2014 v.170 pp. 94-102
- Arabidopsis; Cucumis melo; acetates; alcohols; cucumbers; cultivars; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; gene expression; genes; lipoxygenase; melons; nucleotide sequences; phylogeny; pollination; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; ripening; tissues; tomatoes
- ... Lipoxygenases (LOXs) are a group of non-haem iron-containing dioxygenases that have diverse and important functions in cells. Recent completion of the melon genome sequence permits us to analyze the LOX gene family in melon as well as comparison with LOX in Arabidopsis, tomato and cucumber. We identified 18 candidate LOX genes in the melon genome and found all LOX sequences indicating the importan ...