Jump to Main Content
- Cao, Xu-Lou, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Environmental earth sciences 2018 v.77 no.16 pp. 583
- bentonite; image analysis; mathematical models; microstructure; relative humidity; scanning electron microscopes; seepage; sensation; shrinkage
- ... In this study, water retention tests under free swelling conditions were performed to investigate the water intake (or loss) behaviour of compacted GMZ bentonite. First, the water retention characteristics were investigated, and then the microscopic pore structure was observed by environmental scanning electron microscope (ESEM). The results indicate that GMZ bentonite has a strong swelling (or a ...
- Cao, Xu-lou, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Environmental earth sciences 2018 v.77 no.5 pp. 213
- argillite; bentonite; clay; permeability; radioactive waste; safety assessment; Belgium; France
- ... Opalinus clay (OPA) is currently being investigated as a potential host rock for radioactive waste repository. The construction of this repository will lead to an excavation-damaged zone (EDZ) in the surrounding. Its sealing ability is crucial for the safety assessment of the geological repository. The sealing ability of OPA has a close relationship with its water retention and gas permeability be ...