Jump to Main Content
- Capetillo-Leal, C. M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of applied animal research 2017 v.45 no.1 pp. 29-34
- Cenchrus purpureus; Lysiloma latisiliquum; browsing; forage; goats; grasses; proanthocyanidins; saliva; tannins; turbidity
- ... The effect of tannin-rich fodder (TRF) consumption on the saliva response of Criollo goats without previous browsing experience was determined. Eighteen kids were allocated into three treatments (n = 6 each): control group (CG), short-term tannin stimulus (TS) and long-term tannin stimulus (TL). Three experimental periods were used: adaptation (two weeks) in which the three treatment groups were f ...
- Capetillo-Leal, C. M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Animal 2013 v.7 no.12 pp. 1921-1924
- Lysiloma latisiliquum; acetone; analysis of variance; diet; forage; lambs; mouth; saliva; tannins; turbidity
- ... We evaluated the effect of feeding dietary tannins from Lysiloma latisiliquum fresh forage on the saliva tannin-binding capacity of hair sheep lambs without previous exposure to tannin-rich (TR) fodder. Twenty-four hair sheep lambs (13.6±3.04 kg LW) were fed a tannin-free diet at the beginning of the experimental period (from day 10 to 13). On day 14, lambs were distributed into three groups (n=8) ...