Jump to Main Content
- Capitoli, Giulia, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Analytical and bioanalytical chemistry 2019 v.411 no.20 pp. 5007-5012
- air drying; biopsy; ethanol; hemoglobin; patients; protein composition; proteomics
- ... MALDI-MSI represents an ideal tool to explore the spatial distribution of proteins directly in situ, integrating molecular and cytomorphological information, enabling the discovery of potential diagnostic markers in thyroid cytopathology. However, red cells present in the fine needle aspiration biopsy (FNAB) specimens caused ion suppression of other proteins during the MALDI-MSI analysis due to la ...
- Capitoli, Giulia, et al. Show all 16 Authors
- Journal of proteomics 2019 v.191 pp. 114-123
- amyloid; antigens; apolipoprotein E; biomarkers; biopsy; blood serum; calcitonin; carcinoma; desorption; false positive results; histones; hyperplasia; image analysis; immunohistochemistry; patients; proteomics; tandem mass spectrometry
- ... The main aim of the study was to assess the feasibility of matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionisation mass spectrometry imaging (MALDI-MSI) in the pathological investigation of Medullary Thyroid Carcinoma (MTC).Formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) samples from seven MTC patients were analysed by MALDI-MSI in order to detect proteomic alterations within tumour lesions and to define the molecula ...