Jump to Main Content
- Carabaño, María Jesús, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Genetics, selection, evolution 2012 v.44 no.1 pp. 2554
- Holstein; breeding; bulls; dairy cattle; data collection; female fertility; genetic correlation; genetic variation; heritability; linear models; lipid content; milk; milk yield
- ... BACKGROUND: Using a multi-breed reference population might be a way of increasing the accuracy of genomic breeding values in small breeds. Models involving mixed-breed data do not take into account the fact that marker effects may differ among breeds. This study was aimed at investigating the impact on accuracy of increasing the number of genotyped candidates in the training set by using a multi-b ...
- PubMed Central:
- Carabaño, María Jesús, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Functional & integrative genomics 2012 v.12 no.1 pp. 93-103
- cattle; extracellular matrix; fatty acids; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; heat shock proteins; muscle fibers; psoas muscles; skeletal muscle; transcriptome
- ... Variations on the transcriptome from one skeletal muscle type to another still remain unknown. The reliable identification of stable gene coexpression networks is essential to unravel gene functions and define biological processes. The differential expression of two distinct muscles, M. flexor digitorum (FD) and M. psoas major (PM), was studied using microarrays in cattle to illustrate muscle-spec ...
- Carabaño, Maria Jesus, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Livestock science 2011 v.139 no.3 pp. 277-280
- Holstein; animal models; calving; conception; cows; days open; genetic correlation; genetic variance; heritability; insemination; pregnancy rate; reproductive traits; selection index
- ... Linear and threshold animal models were used to estimate genetic parameters for reproductive traits in Iranian Holstein cows. Reproductive traits included: days from calving to first service (DFS), number of inseminations to conception (INS), calving interval (CI), days open (DO), and interval between first and last insemination (IFL), pregnancy rate (PR), and success to first insemination (SF). A ...