Jump to Main Content
- Cardona Arias, Jaiberth Antonio, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Revista iberoamericana de micología 2019 v.36 no.2 pp. 72-78
- Candida parapsilosis; Neoscytalidium dimidiatum; Trichophyton rubrum; biopsy; patients; potassium hydroxide; reading; staining; women
- ... Onychomycosis affects between 2% to 30% of the world population. Nail biopsy may help in making a diagnosis and can distinguish between invasion and colonisation.To evaluate the diagnostic usefulness of nail biopsy with Periodic acid–Schiff (PAS) staining for onychomycosis, compared to direct KOH examination, culture and its combination in a reference laboratory in Colombia.The study included 66 p ...
- Cardona-Arias, Jaiberth Antonio, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Environment, development and sustainability 2017 v.19 no.4 pp. 1127-1140
- learning; problem solving; research programs; sustainability science and engineering; systematic review
- ... Sustainability science has emerged as a research program and a scientific trend that directs all efforts to promote transition of societies toward sustainability. The style of research proposed to tackle unsustainability issues should be characterized by the application of a systems approach, as well as transdisciplinarity, participation, generation of social learning and a problem-solving perspec ...