Jump to Main Content
- Cardoso, Alexandre Ribeiro, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Sedimentary geology 2019 v.385 pp. 96-109
- Cretaceous period; Jurassic period; basins; lakes; lava; oxidation; periodicity; sandstone; subsidence; Atlantic Ocean; Brazil
- ... The Jurassic-Cretaceous transition was marked by the fragmentation of the West Gondwana supercontinent and consequent opening of the Atlantic Ocean. This event resulted in extensive lava flows in the central portion of West Gondwana, composing the Central Atlantic Magmatic Province. In the Parnaíba Basin (NE Brazil), a large lacustrine system succeeded this event; nevertheless, the post-CAMP scena ...
- Cardoso, Alexandre Ribeiro, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Sedimentary geology 2019 v.385 pp. 61-78
- Cretaceous period; Jurassic period; Triassic period; X-ray diffraction; aluminum; basalt; basins; bicarbonates; calcite; calcium; cations; cement; clay; coatings; convection; corrosion; crystals; diagenesis; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; eolian sands; floods; iron; leaching; paleoecology; sand; sandstone; scanning electron microscopy; silicon; sodium; sulfates; water table; weathering; zeolites; Atlantic Ocean; Brazil
- ... Zeolite cement is one of the main components of the Jurassic to Lower Cretaceous fluvial-aeolian succession in the Parnaiba Basin, northeastern Brazil. Core and outcrop-based stratigraphic analyses permitted the paleo-environmental and diagenetic interpretation of aeolian sandstone and showed the influence of the volcanic substrate in the origin of the zeolite cement. The substrate is represented ...