Jump to Main Content
- Cariou, Sophie, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- BMC genetics 2018 v.19 no.1 pp. 43
- DNA; Gram-negative bacteria; Photobacterium damselae subsp. piscicida; Sparus aurata; breeding programs; breeding value; chromosome mapping; disease outbreaks; disease resistance; females; genetic variance; genetic variation; genome-wide association study; genomics; genotyping by sequencing; heritability; juveniles; linkage groups; males; marker-assisted selection; mortality; parents; pedigree; prediction; progeny; quantitative trait loci; single nucleotide polymorphism; variance; virulence; France
- ... BACKGROUND: Photobacteriosis is an infectious disease developed by a Gram-negative bacterium Photobacterium damselae subsp. piscicida (Phdp), which may cause high mortalities (90–100%) in sea bream. Selection and breeding for resistance against infectious diseases is a highly valuable tool to help prevent or diminish disease outbreaks, and currently available advanced selection methods with the ap ...
- PubMed Central:
- Cariou, Sophie, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Genetics, selection, evolution 2018 v.50 no.1 pp. 30
- Dicentrarchus labrax; Redspotted grouper nervous necrosis virus; bass; chromosomes; dams (mothers); disease control; disease resistance; genetic resistance; genetic variation; genome-wide association study; genomics; genotype; genotyping; heritability; juveniles; larvae; marker-assisted selection; morbidity; mortality; necrosis; pedigree; prediction; quantitative trait loci; single nucleotide polymorphism; sires; therapeutics
- ... BACKGROUND: European sea bass (Dicentrarchus labrax) is one of the most important species for European aquaculture. Viral nervous necrosis (VNN), commonly caused by the redspotted grouper nervous necrosis virus (RGNNV), can result in high levels of morbidity and mortality, mainly during the larval and juvenile stages of cultured sea bass. In the absence of efficient therapeutic treatments, selecti ...
- PubMed Central: