Jump to Main Content
- Carlson, Charles R., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of the American College of Nutrition 2017 v.36 no.1 pp. 44-56
- alcohol drinking; autumn; blood sampling; conception; ethanol; guidelines; pregnancy; pregnant women; prenatal care; vitamin D; vitamin D deficiency; vitamin status; Ukraine
- ... Objective: Heavy alcohol consumption can alter vitamin D status; however, the relationships between alcohol consumption and vitamin D concentrations in pregnant women have not been well studied. The aim of this study was to investigate the vitamin D status in a population of alcohol-exposed (N = 180) and low/unexposed control (N = 179) Ukrainian pregnant women. Methods: Women who attended prenatal ...
- PubMed Central:
- Carlson, Charles R., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- PharmaNutrition 2016 v.4 no.3 pp. 132-138
- bioavailability; cross-over studies; hyperemia; nitrates; nitrites; postmenopause; resveratrol; women
- ... Resveratrol supplementation has been reported to improve markers of vascular function, but poor bioavailability of the parent compound is thought to limits its use. In this study, we compared the effects of a resveratrol-arginine conjugate (ResArg) to trans-resveratrol (trans-Res), the standard form used in supplements, on measures of microvascular function 1h and 2h after intake. Postmenopausal w ...