Jump to Main Content
- Carlson, K.M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Marine pollution bulletin 2017 v.114 no.2 pp. 952-961
- Bacteroides; Clostridium perfringens; Enterococcus; estuaries; indicator species; monitoring; nutrients; prediction; rivers; storms; turbidity; water pollution; water quality; water salinity; water temperature; Hawaii (island)
- ... Spatial and temporal patterns of coastal microbial pollution are not well documented. Our study examined these patterns through measurements of fecal indicator bacteria (FIB), nutrients, and physiochemical parameters in Hilo Bay, Hawai'i, during high and low river flow. >40% of samples tested positive for the human-associated Bacteroides marker, with highest percentages near rivers. Other FIB were ...
- Carlson, K.M., et al. Show all 22 Authors
- Global environmental change 2019 v.54 pp. 135-147
- business enterprises; certification; deforestation; ecosystems; forests; monitoring; products and commodities; reforestation; risk; supply chain; trade; world markets; Amazonia; Brazil
- ... Zero-deforestation commitments are a type of voluntary sustainability initiative that companies adopt to signal their intention to reduce or eliminate deforestation associated with commodities that they produce, trade, and/or sell. Because each company defines its own zero-deforestation commitment goals and implementation mechanisms, commitment content varies widely. This creates challenges for th ...