Jump to Main Content
- Carlson, Robert E., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Lake and reservoir management 2015 v.31 no.1 pp. 55-63
- United States Environmental Protection Agency; ecoregions; surface water; turbidity; water distribution; Alaska; Maine; Montana; New Hampshire; Vermont
- ... Individual Secchi disk measurements (975,760) were gathered from across the United States to understand regional distribution in water transparency. Compiled Secchi disk measurements represented 14,421 US waterbodies. Average water transparency ranged from <0.1 to 31.6 m with water transparencies <1.1 m in 25% of the sampled waterbodies, <2.0 m in 50% of the waterbodies, and <3.3 m in 75% of the w ...
- Carlson, Robert E., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental management 2002 v.29 no.1 pp. 67-75
- algorithms; cluster analysis; discriminant analysis; ecoregions; ecosystems; environmental monitoring; hydrochemistry; lakes; multivariate analysis; principal component analysis; water quality; United States
- ... The ecoregion concept is a popular method of understanding the spatial distribution of the environment', however, it has yet to be adequately demonstrated that the environment is distributed in accordance with these bounded units. In this paper, we generated a testable hypothesis based on the current usage of ecoregions: the ecoregion classification will allow for discrimination between lakes of d ...