Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: carlo?
- Carmo, Flavia L., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2019 v.666 pp. 743-758
- Archaea; Pseudomonas; bacteria; energy; hydrocarbons; marine ecosystems; microalgae; microbial bioremediation; oil spills; oils; patents; petroleum; politics; seawater; surveys; yeasts; China; Russia; United States
- ... Petroleum has been the world's major source of energy since the middle of the twentieth century, leading to positive changes but also social, political, and environmental problems worldwide. Oil contamination affects all ecosystems, and the remediation of polluted sites using environmentally friendly strategies is crucial. Here, we report an analysis of the patent documents of potential petroleum ...
- Carmo, Flávia L., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Environmental pollution 2013 v.172 pp. 243-249
- Laguncularia racemosa; ascorbate peroxidase; bacteria; catalase; denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis; fuel oils; leaves; microbial communities; oil spills; oxidative stress; photosynthesis; sediments; shoots; vegetation
- ... To assess the severity of oil spills on mangroves, diagnosis of the vegetation health is crucial. Some aspects of photosynthesis such as photochemical efficiency and leaf pigment composition together with the level of oxidative stress may constitute reliable indicators for vegetation health. To test this approach 14 month old Laguncularia racemosa were contaminated with 5 L m−2 of the marine fuel ...