Jump to Main Content
- Carrella, Ernesto, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Environmental modelling & software 2019 v.111 pp. 204-230
- algorithms; computer software; decision making; environmental models; fisheries
- ... Most geographical agent-based models simulate agents through custom-made decision-making algorithms. This makes it difficult to assess which results are general and which are contingent on the algorithm's details. We present a set of general algorithms, applicable in any agent-based model for choosing repeatedly from a set of alternatives. We showcase each in the same fishery agent-based model and ...
- Carrella, Ernesto, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Sustainability science 2019 v.14 no.2 pp. 259-275
- Bayesian theory; computational methodology; ecology; fisheries; fishing boats; issues and policy; models; sustainability science and engineering
- ... Sustainable management of complex human–environment systems, and the essential services they provide, remains a major challenge, felt from local to global scales. These systems are typically highly dynamic and hard to predict, particularly in the context of rapid environmental change, where novel sets of conditions drive coupled socio-economic-environmental responses. Faced with these challenges, ...