Jump to Main Content
- Carreras Gamarra, Maria Jose, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of environmental management 2018 v.220 pp. 36-43
- accounting; biodiversity; decision making; decision support systems; systematic review
- ... Biodiversity offset strategies are based on the explicit calculation of both losses and gains necessary to establish ecological equivalence between impact and offset areas. Given the importance of quantifying biodiversity values, various accounting methods and metrics are continuously being developed and tested for this purpose. Considering the wide array of alternatives, selecting an appropriate ...
- Carreras Gamarra, Maria Jose, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Biological conservation 2017 v.214 pp. 6-12
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service; accounting; biodiversity; conservation banking; endangered species; environmental policy; monitoring; United States
- ... Thirteen years after the release of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service “Guidance for the establishment, use, and operation of conservation banks”, a draft “Endangered Species Act Compensatory Mitigation Policy” has been released. Understanding whether this draft Policy improves the existing Guidance and incorporates lessons learned requires a review of the practices of currently approved banks. We ...