Jump to Main Content
- Carriço, A., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2019 v.218 pp. 377-389
- X-ray diffraction; cement; compression strength; concrete; construction industry; fineness; modulus of elasticity; modulus of rupture; rehydration; temperature; thermogravimetry; ultrasonics; wastes
- ... In this study, low-carbon recycled cement (RC) was produced from thermally activated concrete and cement paste wastes and its incorporation in mortars, as cement replacement, was investigated. The calcination temperatures were defined based on thermogravimetric and X-ray diffraction analysis. Mortars were characterized in terms of their main fresh and mechanical properties (compressive and flexura ...
- Carriço, A., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Ecological indicators 2016 v.71 pp. 645-659
- Gastropoda; Nephtys; anthropogenic activities; anthropogenic stressors; benthic organisms; body size; carnivores; community structure; ecosystems; environmental factors; estuaries; functional diversity; humans; larvae; longevity; macroinvertebrates; metals; multivariate analysis; predators; sediments; surveys; trace elements; Portugal
- ... The effects of metal contamination on estuarine macrobenthic communities were investigated using the Biological Traits Analysis (BTA). The study was carried out in the Tagus estuary (western Portugal). Samples of macrobenthic communities and associated environmental variables were taken in four surveys (September 2012, and February, May and October 2013) across the contamination gradient from thre ...