Jump to Main Content
- Carrijo, Tiago F., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- TheFlorida entomologist 2019 v.102 no.1 pp. 141-146
- Neotropics; Termitidae; color; education; head; new species; Amazonia; Colombia; Florida
- ... The worker of Aparatermes thornatus is described as the fourth species of a widespread Neotropical termite genus, Aparatermes, from the worker caste. This species occurs in northern Amazonia. The enteric valve armature of A. thornatus and the unique coloration of its worker's head capsule distinguish it from its 3 congeners. Molecular data recovered the proposed new species as a sister to Aparater ...
- Carrijo, Tiago F., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Arthropod structure & development 2015 v.44 no.5 pp. 401-406
- Blattodea; Termitidae; exocrine glands; secretion; synapomorphy
- ... Termites have developed many exocrine glands, generally dedicated to defence or communication. Although a few of these glands occur in all termite species, or represent synapomorphies of larger clades, others are morphological innovations of a single species, or a few related species. Here, we describe the nasus gland, a new gland occurring at the base of the nasus of Angularitermes soldiers. The ...