Jump to Main Content
- Cartwright, R. D., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Phytopathology 2012 v.102 no.7 pp. 700
- Magnaporthe oryzae; blast disease; cultivars; disease resistance; genes; genetic markers; germplasm; haplotypes; marker-assisted selection; microsatellite repeats; pathogenicity; races; rice
- ... The Pib gene in rice confers resistance to a wide range of races of the rice blast pathogen, Magnaporthe oryzae, including race IE1k that overcomes Pita, another broad-spectrum resistance gene. In this study,the presence of Pib was determined in 164 rice germplasm accessions from a core subset of the National Small Grains Collection utilizing DNA markers and pathogenicity assays. The presence of P ...
- Cartwright, R. D., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Crop management 2005 v.4 no.1 pp. 0
- rice; discing; no-tillage; autumn; Oryza sativa; spring; plant density; stem rot; grain yield; continuous cropping; Magnaporthe salvinii; Missouri
- ... Our objective was to determine if tillage (disk fall and spring, disk fall only, or no tillage) affected rice diseases, plant population density, and yields in a rice monoculture system. Stem rot was the only disease that developed in plots during 1994, and the severity index was the same for all tillage treatments. Diseases did not develop in plots during 1995 and 1996. Tillage treatments did not ...