Jump to Main Content
- Casas, Meritxell Galindo, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Journal of Molecular Biology 2013 v.425 pp. 1641-1654
- Staphylococcus aureus; animal models; antibiotics; antibodies; bacteremia; blood serum; crystal structure; humans; immune system; mechanism of action; multiple drug resistance; neutralization; plasma membrane; pneumonia; therapeutics
- ... The emergence and spread of multi-drug-resistant strains of Staphylococcus aureus in hospitals and in the community emphasize the urgency for the development of novel therapeutic interventions. Our approach was to evaluate the potential of harnessing the human immune system to guide the development of novel therapeutics. We explored the role of preexisting antibodies against S. aureus α-hemolysin ...
- Casas, Meritxell Galindo, et al. Show all 21 Authors
- Journal of molecular biology 2012 v.420 no.3 pp. 204-219
- antibodies; humans; hybridomas; immune response; immunoglobulin G; point mutation; therapeutics
- ... Bispecific antibodies and antibody fragments are a new class of therapeutics increasingly utilized in the clinic for T cell recruitment (catumaxomab anti-EpCAM/CD3 and blinatumomab anti-CD19/CD3), increase in the selectivity of targeting, or simultaneous modulation of multiple cellular pathways. While the clinical potential for certain bispecific antibody formats is clear, progress has been hinder ...