Jump to Main Content
- Case, Austin J., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Theoretical and applied genetics 2018 v.131 no.10 pp. 2245-2266
- Puccinia graminis; barley; chromosomes; grain crops; mature plants; pathogens; quantitative trait loci; races; resistance genes; stem rust; virulence; Kenya; Minnesota
- ... Key message Major stem rust resistance QTLs proposed to be Rpg2 from Hietpas-5 and Rpg3 from GAW-79 were identified in chromosomes 2H and 5H, respectively, and will enhance the diversity of stem rust resistance in barley improvement programs. Stem rust is a devastating disease of cereal crops worldwide. In barley (Hordeum vulgare ssp. vulgare), the disease is caused by two pathogens: Puccinia gram ...
- Case, Austin J., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Plant disease 2013 v.97 no.9 pp. 1200-1206
- Allium cepa; Beta vulgaris; Fusarium oxysporum; Phaseolus vulgaris; avirulent strains; beans; crop rotation; crops; onions; polyphyly; sugar beet; virulence; United States
- ... Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. betae causes Fusarium yellows in sugar beet (Beta vulgaris). The F. oxysporum population from sugar beet can be highly variable in virulence and morphology and many isolates are nonpathogenic. Rapid and reliable methods to identify pathogenic isolates from nonpathogenic F. oxysporum generally are unavailable. Little is known about nonpathogenic isolates, including the rol ...