Jump to Main Content
- Castellani, F., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Animal feed science and technology 2017 v.234 pp. 195-204
- DNA; RNA; blood; body weight; diet; ewes; extracellular matrix; gene expression regulation; genes; homeostasis; immunity; ion channels; lactation; microarray technology; protein synthesis; signal transduction; transcription factors; transcriptomics; zinc; zinc oxide; zinc sulfate
- ... Zinc (Zn) is crucial to animals’ growth and homeostasis, as it actively regulates transcription factors, DNA, and protein synthesis. To date, there is little information on the Zn-induced transcriptomic changes in small ruminants. Therefore, the present study investigated the nutrigenomics-related effects of dietary Zn in sheep. Fifteen lactating crossbred ewes (3–4 years of age and 55–65kg body w ...
- Castellani, F., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of dairy science 2017 v.100 no.11 pp. 8658-8669
- byproducts; casein; cheeses; conjugated linoleic acid; dairy cows; data analysis; dietary supplements; esters; fatty acid composition; free fatty acids; functional foods; lactation; lactones; leucine; linear models; metabolism; milk; milk yield; odors; oleic acid; olive oil; olive pomace; palmitic acid; pasteurized milk; phenylalanine; polyunsaturated fatty acids; protein content; raw milk; total mixed rations; vaccenic acid
- ... This study aimed to evaluate the effect of dietary integration of dried olive pomace (DOP), a by-product of olive oil separation, on nutritional and aromatic properties of milk and cheese. Twenty dairy cows were divided into 2 groups that were balanced for milk yield, parity, and days in milk. The control group was fed a conventional diet (20 kg of dry matter/head per day), whereas the experimenta ...