Jump to Main Content
- Castillo-Morales, M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of food engineering 2019 v.245 pp. 65-72
- adsorption; anthocyanins; dried foods; entropy; freezing; liquids; nitrogen; onions; porosity; porous media; spray drying; storage conditions; storage quality; water activity
- ... Red onion microcapsules were produced by spray freezing into liquid cryogenic (SFLC) and spray drying (SD) and their anthocyanin contents were evaluated kinetically at different water activities (aw) at 35 °C. The spreading pressure-area isotherms were determined at 35 °C. These isotherms provide important information about the different phases of adsorbed water present in SD and SFLC capsules, wh ...
- Castillo-Morales, M., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2018 v.92 pp. 490-496
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus; bananas; dried fruit; entropy; freeze drying; fruits; mass transfer; osmotic treatment; probiotics; storage quality; sucrose; viability; water activity
- ... In this study the impregnation of Lactobacillus rhamnosus in banana slices and the storage stability of the dehydrated product were analyzed. Banana slices were enriched with L. rhamnosus at levels of 109 CFU/g d.b. using a hypertonic solution of 50% (w/w) sucrose. The high level of probiotic impregnation occurred at high rates of mass transfer during the first 200 min of osmotic process. Since de ...