Jump to Main Content
- Ceglar, A., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Agricultural systems 2019 v.168 pp. 144-153
- corn; crops; information sources; meteorological data; monitoring; wheat; Europe
- ... Weather observations are essential for crop monitoring and forecasting but they are not always available and in some cases they have limited spatial representativeness. Thus, reanalyses represent an alternative source of information to be explored. In this study, we assess the feasibility of reanalysis-based crop monitoring and forecasting by using the system developed and maintained by the Europe ...
- Ceglar, A., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Agricultural systems 2019 v.168 pp. 168-180
- Triticum aestivum; autumn; crop models; crop yield; data collection; flowering; harvest date; phenology; photoperiodism; simulation models; soil water; sowing date; vernalization; winter; winter wheat; yield forecasting; Europe; Southern European region; Western European region
- ... This study describes and evaluates improvements to the MARS crop yield forecasting system (MCYFS) for winter soft wheat (Triticum aestivum) in Europe, based on the WOFOST crop simulation model, by introducing autumn sowing dates, realistic soil moisture initialization, adding vernalization requirements and photoperiodicity, and phenology calibration. Dataset of phenological observations complement ...