Jump to Main Content
- Cepeda, Márcio R., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Food chemistry 2018 v.242 pp. 548-554
- B-lymphocytes; alpha-N-arabinofuranosidase; arabinogalactans; arabinose; chymotrypsin; dendritic cells; gel chromatography; hydrolysis; immunostimulants; in vitro studies; instant coffee; lymphocyte proliferation; macrophages; mice; spleen; ultrafiltration
- ... An instant coffee fraction, rich in arabinogalactans, obtained by ultrafiltration, using 1 and 5kDa membranes, has previously shown in vitro stimulatory activity on BALB/c mice spleen B lymphocytes. The compounds inducing lymphocytic activation were shown to elute, mainly near the void volume by size-exclusion chromatography, using Bio-Gel P6 (1–6kDa). Treatment of the compounds with chymotrypsin, ...
- Cepeda, Márcio R., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Food chemistry 2014 v.161 pp. 60-66
- B-lymphocytes; amino acid composition; arabinogalactans; caffeine; chlorogenic acid; galactomannans; hydrolysis; immunostimulants; instant coffee; melanoidins; mice; molecular weight; spleen; sugars
- ... Instant coffee was prepared and fractionated into higher (>100kDa), medium (5–10, 10–30, 30–100kDa) and lower (1–5, <1kDa) molecular weight fractions. Sugars and linkage composition characteristics of arabinogalactans and galactomannans were recovered in all fractions. Also, amino acid analysis performed after hydrolysis showed similar compositions in all fractions. On the contrary, free chlorogen ...