Jump to Main Content
- Cepeda-Saez, Alberto, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of medicinal food 2019 v.22 no.10 pp. 976-981
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Lactobacillus casei; Streptococcus thermophilus; antioxidant activity; enzyme inhibition; fermented beverages; fermented milk; functional foods; in vitro studies; lactic acid; lactic acid bacteria; lactic fermentation; peptides; peptidyl-dipeptidase A; protective effect; proteins
- ... Fermentation has shown to be an effective technique in bioactive peptides release. That is why in this study antihypertensive, antithrombotic, and antioxidant activity was evaluated during amaranth proteins fermentation with Lactobacillus casei Shirota and Streptococcus thermophilus 54102 in mono and combined culture. During fermentation an increase of free amine groups was observed, and no statis ...
- Cepeda-Saez, Alberto, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Food chemistry 2015 v.172 pp. 456-461
- chloroform; esters; gas chromatography; long chain fatty acids; medium chain fatty acids; methanol; methylation; microextraction; omega-3 fatty acids; quality control; skim milk; solvents
- ... The aim of this research was to develop a method for microextraction and quantification of long and medium chain fatty acids from milk. The proposed method was carried out on three steps: (1) lipids extraction from 10μL of whole or skimmed milk containing omega-3 fatty acids (FAs) during 12, 24, 48, 72 and 96h, in 2mL chloroform: methanol mixture (2:1); (2) acid methylation of FAs; and (3) quantif ...