Jump to Main Content
- Cerza, Francesco, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Environment international 2018 v.112 pp. 68-76
- air pollutants; air pollution; chronic exposure; cohort studies; land use; men; models; nitrogen dioxide; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; odds ratio; ozone; particulates; regression analysis; summer; women; Italy
- ... The few cohort studies that have investigated the association between exposure to air pollution and occurrence of diabetes have reported conflicting results. We aimed to evaluate the association of long-term exposure to particulate matter (PM), nitrogen oxides (NOx) and ozone (O3), with baseline prevalence and incidence of type 2 diabetes in a large administrative cohort in Rome, Italy. A total of ...
- Cerza, Francesco, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environment international 2017
- absorbance; burning; chronic exposure; copper; emissions; industry; iron; land use; longitudinal studies; models; mortality; myocardial ischemia; nickel; oils; particulates; pollutants; potassium; regression analysis; risk; silicon; sulfur; tires; tracer techniques; traffic; vanadium; zinc
- ... The effect of long-term exposure to metal components in particulate matter on mortality are still controversial.To study the association between long-term exposure to PM10, PM2.5, PM2.5 absorbance, particulate matter components (copper, iron, zinc, sulfur, silicon, potassium, nickel, and vanadium) and non-accidental, cardiovascular (CVD), and ischemic heart disease (IHD) mortality.All 30+ year old ...