Jump to Main Content
- Chávez-Capilla, Teresa, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of environmental sciences (China) 2016 v.49 pp. 222-232
- arsenates; arsenic; lipid bilayers; metabolism; partition coefficients; risk; toxicity
- ... Arsenic metabolism in living organisms is dependent on the ability of different arsenic species to traverse biological membranes. Simple diffusion provides an alternative influx and efflux route to mediated transport mechanisms that can increase the amount of arsenic available for metabolism in cells. Using octanol–water and liposome–water partition coefficients, the ability of arsenous acid, arse ...
- Chávez-Capilla, Teresa, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food chemistry 2016 v.212 pp. 189-197
- arsenic; bioavailability; diet; digestion; fish; food matrix; foods; gastrointestinal system; glutathione; humans; hydrolysis; macroalgae; metabolism; rice; short chain fatty acids; toxicity
- ... Humans are exposed to organic arsenic species through their diet and therefore, are susceptible to arsenic toxicity. Investigating the transformations occurring in the gastrointestinal tract will influence which arsenic species to focus on when studying metabolism in cells. Using a physiologically based extraction test, the bioaccessibility of arsenic species was determined after the simulated gas ...