Jump to Main Content
- Chávez-Vela, Norma Angélica, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Food chemistry 2019 v.278 pp. 601-608
- Ustilago zeae; adhesion; cohesion; color; corn; flour; industrialization; masa; nixtamalization; viscosity; water uptake
- ... The aim of this work was to evaluate the effect of the addition of huitlacoche paste to nixtamalized blue-corn flours (NBCF) on the physicochemical, thermal, and rheological properties of masas. Raw blue maize was nixtamalized (hydrothermal alkalinized process), then was wet-milled in a stone mill, masa was dehydrated, pulverized and sieved to obtain NBCF; commercial nixtamalized blue-corn flour ( ...
- Chavez-Vela, Norma Angelica, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Environmental technology 2014 v.35 no.14 pp. 1773-1784
- Pleurotus ostreatus; Trametes trogii; biochemical oxygen demand; bioremediation; chemical oxygen demand; color; environmental impact; environmental law; environmental technology; enzymes; industrial applications; pH; vinasse; white-rot fungi
- ... The goal of this research is to find a more effective treatment for tequila vinasses (TVs) with potential industrial application in order to comply with the Mexican environmental regulations. TVs are characterized by their high content of solids, high values of biochemical oxygen demand (BOD ₅), chemical oxygen demand (COD), low pH and intense colour; thus, disposal of untreated TVs severely impac ...