Jump to Main Content
- Chadare, Flora J., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of crop science and biotechnology 2017 v.20 no.2 pp. 65-72
- Bradyrhizobium japonicum; Glycine max; crop production; developmental stages; genotype; greenhouses; nitrates; nitrogen; nitrogen fixation; plant growth; protein content; sap; seeds; soil; soybeans; xylem
- ... The high protein content of soybean (Glycine max) seeds results in high nitrogen demand, causing a huge nitrogen uptake during plant growth. As a legume crop, soybean can fix atmospheric N through symbiotic associations with Bradyrhizobia and perform well in African nitrogen poor soils. This study aimed at establishing the ability of promiscuous soybean genotypes to fix nitrogen and devise the rel ...
- Chadare, Flora J, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2018 v.98 no.2 pp. 439-455
- Adansonia digitata; Parkia biglobosa; agroecological zones; antinutritional factors; children; complementary foods; energy; home gardens; infants; ingredients; low income households; malnutrition; meat products; nutrients; nutritive value; plant products; trees; vegetation; Benin
- ... This paper reviews indigenous Beninese food resources as potential ingredients for complementary infant foods with the aim to develop affordable formulations for low‐income households in each agro‐ecological zone of the country. Potential ingredients were selected on their documented nutritional value. The selected foods encompass 347 food resources, namely 297 plant products from home gardens or ...