Jump to Main Content
- Chadima, M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Sedimentary geology 2017 v.356 pp. 26-42
- Miocene epoch; Oligocene epoch; basins; cooling; deformation; magnetism; provenance; sediments; tectonics; zircon; Andes region; Colombia
- ... New detrital zircon-fission track (ZFT) and magnetic fabric data are presented to constrain the time of deposition, provenance and deformation of the of Lower and Upper members of the Amagá Formation in the Amagá Basin. The Amagá Basin is located in the northern Andes, between the Western and Central Cordilleras of Colombia. The Amagá Formation was deposited in a transpressive geodynamic context a ...
- Chadima, M., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Quaternary international 2012 v.266 pp. 25-33
- alluvium; case studies; cataract; geomorphology; humans; magnetic properties; rivers; Nile River; Sudan
- ... Alluvial deposits within the Sabaloka Gorge and the Sixth Cataract, the Nile River, Sudan, represent a set of deposits with a high lithological variability. This is due to the geomorphology and short-time and intensive flood events resulting in aggradation and erosion of the alluvial zone. Human maintenance of the alluvial zone also plays a role. Therefore, these sediments seem to be ideal for a m ...