Jump to Main Content
- Chakravarty, Jayashree, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 2018 v.102 no.12 pp. 5021-5031
- Cupriavidus necator; acetone; aerobic conditions; bacteria; bioenergy industry; biofuels; butanol; carbon; carbon dioxide; feedstocks; fermentation; genetic engineering; hydrogen; metabolic engineering; metabolites; polyhydroxyalkanoates; production costs; solvents; synthesis; terpenoids
- ... Microbial production of solvents like acetone and butanol was a couple of the first industrial fermentation processes to gain global importance. These solvents are important feedstocks for the chemical and biofuel industry. Ralstonia eutropha is a facultatively chemolithoautotrophic bacterium able to grow with organic substrates or H₂ and CO₂ under aerobic conditions. This bacterium is a natural p ...
- Chakravarty, Jayashree, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Carbohydrate polymers 2018 v.198 pp. 443-451
- acetates; biobased products; biopolymers; chitin; empirical models; freeze drying; green chemistry; ionic liquids; porosity; prediction; tensile strength
- ... The application of green chemistry principles for the processing of biopolymers is a steadily increasing field of research. Chitin membranes were successfully prepared by using the ionic liquid 1-ethyl-3-methylimidazolium acetate ([C2mim][OAc]) as solvent media. The resulting materials were thoroughly characterized, revealing that freeze drying produced membranes that were highly porous. The dryin ...