Jump to Main Content
- Chamradová, Ivana, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Ecotoxicology and environmental safety 2018 v.153 pp. 23-31
- Allium cepa; bioaccumulation factor; bulbs; cadmium; cadmium chloride; encapsulation; fluorescence microscopy; models; nanoparticles; phytotoxicity; quantum dots; root systems; roots; zinc sulfide
- ... We report on the toxicity and bioaccumulation of three different types of Cd-based quantum dots (QDs), dispersed in aqueous medium, for a model plant Allium cepa L. It is believed that encapsulation of nanoparticles should reduce their toxicity and increase their stability in different environments; in this work we studied how QD encapsulation affects their phytotoxicity. Core, core/shell, and cor ...
- Chamradova, Ivana, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food hydrocolloids 2017 v.67 pp. 148-156
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Sterculia urens; ambient temperature; biopolymers; food industry; hydrocolloids; medicine; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; plant exudates; plant gums; potassium hydroxide; rheology; scanning electron microscopy; sodium; solubility; solubilization
- ... Natural polysaccharide gum karaya (GK, Sterculia urens) is a plant exudates widely available and relatively cheap biomaterial, which is used in food industry. However, GK is insoluble in water and it limits subsequent processing and broader utilization in medicine. Different conditions for the solubilization of GK were evaluated in this work (e.g. type and concentration of hydroxide, concentration ...