Jump to Main Content
- Chang, Biao, et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Biomaterials 2019 v.207 pp. 49-60
- apoptosis; in vitro studies; in vivo studies; mechanical properties; models; morphometry; nerve fibers; nerve tissue; rats
- ... Flexible nerve guide conduits (NGCs) are desired in peripheral nerve reconstruction near the joints. Inspired by the engineered structure of the helical tube, we addressed the problems of conventional NGCs often mentioned in clinical feedback. We developed a type of helix-flexible NGC (HF-NGC) and evaluated its mechanical properties as well as its flexibility, and it performed excellently during i ...
- Chi, Chang-Biao, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of molecular biology 2018 v.430 pp. 1235-1248
- DNA; Saccharomyces cerevisiae; crystal structure; disulfide bonds; enzyme activity; glutathione transferase; helix-turn-helix motifs; homeostasis; iron; iron absorption; models; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; oxidative stress; surface plasmon resonance; titration; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; yeasts
- ... The yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae monothiol glutaredoxin Grx3 plays a key role in cellular defense against oxidative stress and more importantly, cooperates with BolA-like iron repressor of activation protein Fra2 to regulate the localization of the iron-sensing transcription factor Aft2. The interplay among Grx3, Fra2 and Aft2 responsible for the regulation of iron homeostasis has not been clear ...
- Chang, Biao, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Science of the total environment 2009 v.407 no.4 pp. 1436-1446
- briquettes; burning; carcinogenicity; coal; combs (social insects); combustion; molecular weight; oxygen; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin; China
- ... Emission properties of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) from combustion of six residential coals in North China were investigated. The results indicated that, the total emission factors (EFs) for 15 PAH species in gaseous and particulate phases ranged from 52.8 to 1434.8 mg/kg with a decreasing sequence of local bituminous coals and anthracite coals, and honeycomb briquettes were largely de ...