Jump to Main Content
- Chang, Keke, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2019 v.141 no.11 pp. 4730-4737
- Lewis acids; acidity; aluminum; metallurgy; temperature; thermodynamics; zinc; zinc chloride
- ... Nanolaminated materials are important because of their exceptional properties and wide range of applications. Here, we demonstrate a general approach to synthesizing a series of Zn-based MAX phases and Cl-terminated MXenes originating from the replacement reaction between the MAX phase and the late transition-metal halides. The approach is a top-down route that enables the late transitional elemen ...
- Chang, Keke, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Thermochimica acta 2011 v.512 no.1-2 pp. 258-267
- alloys; aluminum; copper; databases; enthalpy; magnesium; manganese; physical phases; silicon; solidification
- ... By means of the first-principles calculations, the enthalpy of formation for the quaternary phase in the Al–Cu–Mg–Si system was computed. A set of self-consistent thermodynamic parameters for the Al–Cu–Mg–Si and Al–Cu–Mn–Si systems was then obtained using CALPHAD approach taking into account the reliable experimental data and the first-principles calculations. The thermodynamic database for the Al ...