Jump to Main Content
- Chang, Lin Faun, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Clinical nutrition 2017 v.36 pp. 1250-1258
- C-reactive protein; blood sampling; carbohydrates; cross-over studies; dietary fat; fasting; high density lipoprotein; interleukin-1beta; interleukin-6; milkshakes; muffins; nutritional intervention; obesity; randomized clinical trials; saturated fats
- ... Modification of the amount and type of dietary fat has diverse effects on cardiovascular risk.We recruited 54 abdominally obese subjects to participate in a prospective cross-over design, single-blind trial comparing isocaloric 2000 kcal MUFA or carbohydrate-enriched diet with SFA-enriched diet (control). The control diet consisted of 15E% protein, 53E% carbohydrate and 32E% fat (12E% SFA, 13E% MU ...
- Chang, Lin Faun, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Nutrition journal 2014 v.13 no.1 pp. 12
- anti-inflammatory activity; clinical trials; dietary fat; inflammation; obesity; omega-3 fatty acids; omega-6 fatty acids; polyunsaturated fatty acids; postprandial state; saturated fatty acids; weight loss
- ... Obesity plays a pivotal role in the development of low-grade inflammation. Dietary fatty acids are important modulators of inflammatory responses. Saturated fatty acids (SFA) and n-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) have been reported to exert pro-inflammatory effects. n-3 PUFA in particular, possess anti-inflammatory properties. Numerous clinical studies have been conducted over decades to inve ...
- PubMed Central: