Jump to Main Content
- Changying, Ji, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Geoderma 2016 v.261 pp. 124-132
- agricultural soils; bulk density; cohesion; fractal dimensions; friction; highlands; mechanical properties; paddies; paddy soils; soil quality; soil strength; tilth; upland soils
- ... Soil may fail in a number of ways during tilling, depending on soil conditions and the type of implement. The present paper investigates soil structures and several soil physical and mechanical properties associated with different failure patterns in two agricultural soils (upland and paddy). The dry bulk density, soil cohesion, internal friction angle, and cone index decreased remarkably after br ...
- Changying, Ji, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Soil & tillage research 2015 v.145 pp. 157-170
- field experimentation; finite element analysis; roots; simulation models; soil; soil compaction; soil quality
- ... Finite element modeling (FEM) of soil physical behavior can provide information which is difficult or impossible to obtain experimentally. This method has been applied by many researchers to study soil compaction, acting forces on tools, stress distribution in soils and soil failure patterns. The great majority of studies that have investigated soil failure patterns have been limited to in-laborat ...