Jump to Main Content
- Glanz-Chanos, V., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Meat science 2018 v.137 pp. 123-129
- animal welfare; consumer preferences; environmental impact; purchasing; swine production; Germany; Poland
- ... Are consumers interested in aspects of pig production and do they take these into account in their buying decisions when such information is available? Samples of consumers in Germany and Poland selected the two – for them – most important out of a list of ten production characteristics, relating to animal welfare, health and safety, and environmental issues. In a subsequent choice experiment, the ...
- Chano, V., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- BMC plant biology 2017 v.17 no.1 pp. 234
- Pinus canariensis; biotic stress; branches; cambium; cell walls; conifers; genes; microarray technology; resin canals; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; tracheids; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; transcriptomics; trees; wood; woody plants
- ... BACKGROUND: Woody plants, especially trees, usually must face several injuries caused by different agents during their lives. Healing of injuries in stem and branches, affecting the vascular cambium and xylem can take several years. In conifers, healing takes place mainly from the remaining vascular cambium in the margin of the wound. The woundwood formed in conifers during healing usually present ...
- PubMed Central: