Jump to Main Content
- Charles, Frimpong, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Carbohydrate polymers 2019 v.206 pp. 625-632
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Gluconacetobacter xylinus; X-ray diffraction; carbon; cellulose; differential scanning calorimetry; drugs; fructose; hydrogen bonding; inulin; moieties; molecular conformation; permeates; sucrose; thermogravimetry
- ... Inulin was introduced to the fructose permeates of Gluconacetobacter xylinus (ATCC 10,245) bacterial strain to successfully synthesize empty cellulosic pockets for possible drug storage. FTIR Spectroscopy analysis confirmed a slight variation in the hydrogen bonds at 2893 cm−1 due to CH and CH2 stretching whiles Conformational analysis revealed that inulobiose extending all-trans conformation corr ...
- Charles, Frimpong, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- DieStärke = 2019 v.71 no.1-2 pp. e1800055
- adhesion; anhydrides; corn starch; cotton; crystal structure; phosphorylation; polyesters; retrogradation; sodium tripolyphosphate; starch; temperature
- ... In this study, amphiphilic starch prepared by phosphorylation and octenylsuccinylation is surveyed to identify its effect on the adhesion of starch to cotton/polyester blend fibers at different temperature. Acid‐thinned cornstarch (ATS) is phosphorylated and octenylsuccinylated with pentasodium triphosphate and 2‐octenylsuccinic anhydride, respectively, to improve upon adhesion to cotton/polyester ...