Jump to Main Content
- Chaudhary, Meenakshi, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Marine pollution bulletin 2019
- boats; dioxins; environmental impact; estuaries; furans; industrial effluents; marine environment; monitoring; pulp; remediation; sediment contamination; sediments; water pollution; Nova Scotia
- ... Contaminated sediments at a pulp mill and former chor-alkali effluent treatment facility in Nova Scotia, Canada will undergo remediation. However, baseline studies assessing contaminants in marine biota in the marine receiving environment are lacking. Historical qualitative and quantitative contaminant data in biota from Boat Harbour (a former tidal lagoon which was used to treat industrial efflue ...
- Chaudhary, Meenakshi, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Marine pollution bulletin 2018 v.137 pp. 157-171
- complement; marine debris; microbeads; plastic bags; plastics; pollution control; polystyrenes; private sector; straw; water pollution
- ... Single-use plastics, or SUPs (plastic bags, microbeads, cutlery, straws and polystyrene) are substantial sources of plastic marine pollution, yet preventable via legislative and non-legislative interventions. Various international legislative strategies have been reported to address plastic marine pollution from plastic bags and microbeads, but these have since been accompanied by recent increasin ...