Jump to Main Content
- Chavez-Carvayar, José A., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Biomass and bioenergy 2016 v.91 pp. 48-55
- Agave; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-ray diffraction; bagasse; biomass; calcium; calcium oxalate; crystal structure; crystals; hydrogen peroxide; ionic liquids; physicochemical properties; saccharification; sugars
- ... Occurrence of calcium oxalate (CaC2O4 – CaOX) crystals has been observed in more than 215 plant families. However, very little is known about the effects of calcium oxalate on biomass pretreatment and saccharification. Agave bagasse (AGB) was used as a model material due to its natural high levels of CaOX. To understand the physicochemical changes in function of biomass pretreatment, both raw AGB ...
- Chavez-Carvayar, Jose A., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Biomass and bioenergy 2015 v.75 pp. 180-188
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Panicum virgatum; X-ray diffraction; acetates; biofuels; biomass; biorefining; calcium oxalate; cellulose; corn stover; crystal structure; feedstocks; industry; ionic liquids; lignocellulose; scanning electron microscopy; sugarcane bagasse; sugars; thermal analysis
- ... Previous studies of agave bagasse (AGB-byproduct of tequila industry) presented unidentified crystalline peaks that are not typical from common biofuel feedstocks (e.g. sugarcane bagasse, switchgrass or corn stover) making it an important issue to be addressed for future biorefinery applications. Ionic liquid (IL) pretreatment of AGB was performed using 1-ethyl-3-methylimidazolium acetate ([C2mim] ...