Jump to Main Content
- Che, Shun, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of industrial microbiology & biotechnology 2019 v.46 no.9-10 pp. 1343-1358
- biodegradation; biosynthesis; environmental engineering; fuels; metabolites; nutrients; synthetic biology; systems biology
- ... Functional differentiation and metabolite exchange enable microbial consortia to perform complex metabolic tasks and efficiently cycle the nutrients. Inspired by the cooperative relationships in environmental microbial consortia, synthetic microbial consortia have great promise for studying the microbial interactions in nature and more importantly for various engineering applications. However, cha ...
- Che, Shun, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Energy & Fuels 2016 v.30 no.4 pp. 2982-2989
- Escherichia coli; Staphylococcus aureus; acidification; anaerobic digestion; bacteria; ethanol; fatty acid composition; fermentation; food waste; hydrolysis; lactic acid; metabolites; methane; methane production; pH; selective media; volatile fatty acids
- ... Lactic acid pre-fermentation is widely used as an effective method for the bacteriostatic preservation of food waste, and ethanol pre-fermentation can alleviate acidification and maintain system stability of methane fermentation. This study investigated the effects of methods of ethanol and lactic acid pre-fermentation on bacteriostatic preservation and anaerobic digestion. Results showed that hig ...