Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Fufeng, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.280 pp. 127-135
- Spirulina; adsorption; algae culture; ammonium; biomass production; desorption; industrialization; nitrogen; pH; remediation; toxicity; value added; wastewater; zeolites
- ... Owning to the ammonium toxicity, some ammonium-rich wastewater may not be used for algae cultivation. To overcome this problem, herein, a novel approach of using zeolite to mitigate ammonium toxicity in wastewater for value-added Spirulina production was proposed. Synthetic zeolite was used as medium for ammonium adsorption in wastewater and subsequently as slow-releaser providing nitrogen to Spir ...
- Chen, Fufeng, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2013 v.149 no.3 pp. 729-736
- C-reactive protein; Dracaena cochinchinensis; active ingredients; anti-inflammatory activity; flavonoids; glycemic effect; high fat diet; inflammation; interleukin-6; islets of Langerhans; metformin; necrosis; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; oxidative stress; rats; tumor necrosis factor-alpha; wood
- ... ETHNOPHARMACOLOGICAL RELEVANCE: Sanguis draxonis (SD) is a kind of red resin obtained from the wood of Dracaena cochinchinensis (Lour.) S. C. Chen (Dracaena cochinchinensis). It is a Chinese traditional herb that is prescribed for the handling of diabetic disorders, which is also supported by an array of scientific studies published in recent years. Although chemical constituents of this plant mat ...