Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Gen-Der, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Fish & shellfish immunology 2014 v.38 no.1 pp. 230-243
- Tetraodon nigroviridis; fish; gene expression; genes; innate immunity; interferon-gamma; luciferase; signal transduction; transcription (genetics)
- ... Induction of interferons (IFNs) produces an innate immune response through activation of the JAK-STAT signaling pathway. Type I IFN signaling activates downstream gene expression through the IFN-stimulated gene factor 3 (ISGF3) complex, while type II IFN (IFN-γ) signaling is mediated through active STAT1 protein. The IFN target gene Mx is involved in the defense against viral infection. However, t ...
- Chen, Gen-Der, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Cellular and molecular life sciences 2013 v.70 no.13 pp. 2367-2381
- Danio rerio; Drosophila; adults; cerebellum; cytoplasm; fibroblast growth factor receptors; genes; hippocampus; larvae; oligonucleotides; protein-tyrosine-phosphatase; retina; vertebrates
- ... Protein activities controlled by receptor protein tyrosine phosphatases (RPTPs) play comparably important roles in transducing cell surface signals into the cytoplasm by protein tyrosine kinases. Previous studies showed that several RPTPs are involved in neuronal generation, migration, and axon guidance in Drosophila, and the vertebrate hippocampus, retina, and developing limbs. However, whether t ...
- PubMed Central:
- Chen, Gen-Der, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Nucleic acids research 2010 v.38 no.14 pp. 4635-4650
- Danio rerio; GATA transcription factors; amino acids; bacterial artificial chromosomes; brain; cultured cells; exons; eyes; genes; genetically modified organisms; green fluorescent protein; intestines; liver; mammals; messenger RNA; muscles; promoter regions; skeletal muscle; transgenesis
- ... In mammals, the Nogo family consists of Nogo-A, Nogo-B and Nogo-C. However, there are three Rtn-4/Nogo-related transcripts were identified in zebrafish. In addition to the common C-terminal region, the N-terminal regions of Rtn4-n/Nogo-C1, Rtn4-m/Nogo-C2 and Rtn4-l/Nogo-B, respectively, contain 9, 25 and 132 amino acid residues. In this study, we isolated the 5'-upstream region of each gene from a ...
- PubMed Central: